Friday, July 01, 2005

Lasik - the second consultation

This is crazy! I went back for that follow-up to my original consultation so they could re-run a couple of the original tests and check on the shape of my eyes and they're still not back to normal! The doctor started with "well, I've got some good news and some disappointing news." Great. Everyone loves to hear that. Turns out that my right eye looks fine. It hasn't changed since the last time I was there so it seems pretty stable. However, my left eye has changed significantly since the last time I was there so obviously that eye still has not settled back into its normal shape! So, I have to go back AGAIN next week! That means, of course, that I have to continue to wear this hideous glasses. I asked if I could just wear one contact in my right eye since that eye was done being tested for now but the doctor said that was a definite big no no. I figured as much.

Next appointment is cheduled for next Thursday in the morning. It'll be another short one just to see if my left eye has stabilized yet. I went ahead and scheduled my eye exam with an eye doctor he recommended (closer to home or else I would have just gone to the Lasik doctor) for next Saturday. I have to be out of my contacts for that exam as well so I figured I might as well do it now since I'll have been out for 2 weeks by that point. It's cool that they're open on Saturday even though it doesn't matter to me since I'm not working next week. They were really friendly too on the phone so so far I'm really happy with my experience even though I do have to keep trekking back to Tyson's Corner! It's worth it to do it right though. I'm glad they're not rushing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home