Friday, February 11, 2005

Loser

As expected, I lost my football pool. I always lose. I'm a loser. It all started in Kindergarten when I came in late one day and was hastily told to put my name on a piece of paper for something. I, being 5, was thoroughly confused (and maybe slightly retarded) and just handed back the piece of paper blank. Come to find out, they were holding a drawing in class for the Thanksgiving turkey that we had all worked so hard on by gluing small, colored squares of paper onto a giant piece of posterboard (probably 8.5 x 11...everything seems big to a 5 year old). It actually was a pretty cool turkey. Anyway...they put all the names in a jar and pulled one slip of paper out. IT WAS MINE! IT WAS MINE! But it was blank. *I* knew it was mine because I'm the idiot that put it in with scarcely a pencil mark...but no one else did. And being that I was extremely shy growing up, I sure as hell wasn't going to say anything. So instead, they pulled another name and I lost my turkey. My gambling life has gone downhill from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home